Ludwig Steinherr poet
Ludwig Steinherr reading at Stanza - Scotland´s International Poetry Festival
Ludwig Steinherr was born in Munich (Germany) in 1962. He studied philosophy and earned a PhD after submitting a dissertation on Hegel and Quine. He lives in Munich.
For the nineteen books of poetry that have been published so far, he has received various awards, such as the prestigious Leonce-und-Lena-Förderpreis, the Book Award of the Evangelical Churches in Germany, and the Hermann-Hesse-Förderpreis.
Since 2003, Steinherr is a member of the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts.
His work has been translated into multiple languages. He has been invited to various internationally acclaimed literary festivals, such as the Journées Littéraires de Mondorf (Luxembourg), German- Arabian Poetry Salon in Damascus (Syria), as well as the European Literature Night in London, StAnza - Scotland’s International Poetry Festival, and the Birmingham Literature Festival.
Recent publications include »Das Mädchen Der Maler Ich. Collected Poems« (2012), »Ganz Ohr« (Lyrikedition 2000, 2012)and »Elefant mit Obelisk« (2015). Along with »All Ears«, »Before the Invention of Paradise« (Arc Publications, 2010) is also available in English translation.
- WORLD LITERATURE TODAY: Four Poems by Ludwig Steinherr
- NEW BOOKS IN GERMAN: Ludwig Steinherr
- MODERN POETRY IN TRANSLATION: Four Poems by Ludwig Steinherr
- SANTA CLARA REVIEW: ALL EARS by Ludwig Steinherr
- SANTA CLARA BLOG: ALL EARS
- CAFEBABEL: Interview Ludwig Steinherr
- CAFEBABEL: All Ears
- UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME (USA): Graduate students reflections/Ludwig Steinherr
- THE GERMAN RIVETER: Ludwig Steinherr
- EUROPEAN POETRY SPECIAL/STANZA: Ludwig Steinherr
- DAS GEDICHT: Good Night Story by Ludwig Steinherr
- GEORGE SZIRTES/Blogspot: Culinary Rome by Ludwig Steinherr